Tonite we got the opportunity to watch Robert Luna graduate from 8th grade. I stood there watching and listening to the speeches and one girl said "these next 4 years are just a blink of our life" (or something like that) and i realized that was true. It was 15 years ago when i was in the same spot Robert was in tonite. It hit me how fast the years have gone and how I thought back then "yeah right, it won't go by that fast".
As the graduation was over and we walked over to where Robert was and took pictures I started tearing up. I can't believe that he's now going to be in High School. I am happy to note that he will be attending my Alma Mater of Sutter High; Go Huskies! and I hope he will be open to change as his freshman year will be shocking, wonderful, exciting, nerve racking, and pretty hard although I know deep down that Robert will excel at anything he puts his mind to. I am so proud of you Robert! We all are!
Here are some pictures from tonite:
waiting for Graduation to start...man was it hot!
my word we are already at the class of 09? I am definitely getting old!
The one circled is Robert!
Standing for his diploma
No comments:
Post a Comment