CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, oh and more Pumpkins!

This past weekend we decided to go to the best place to go during the fall in the area. Bishop's Pumpkin Farm. I went many years as a kid and then once as a teacher (which was definitely an experience...luckily i had parents to help), this year was even better because i got to share the experience with not only Logan for the first time but Herbie also. Herbie has not been there before this. Mom also came with us. I was so excited to be able to go and pick out a pumpkin for my pumpkin :D


Logan is all ready in his wagon and his overalls



Waiting for the pony rides


Riding the horse named "bubba"



Onto other fun things!


They had a couple old tractors there and when he saw the steering wheel (one of his favorite things) he was in heaven!


Our first of many trips to a pumpkin farm!


Grandma loved seeing Logan have fun that day

I wonder if we can bring this home? LOL haha!! just kidding!!


We took the train around and was placed in the cattle car...(no comments!!)
it was great for logan as he was able to walk around without falling out!


We then went to the "petting zoo" and saw goats, pigs, cows, and a goose having a bath. When we were in the goat pen he was more worried about where the hay was (just like he does at home) then the actual goats. It seemed like he was saying "momma, grandma don't you know we have these at home?"



Then it was time for the best part...His first visit to the pumpkin patch. We stopped first at the "big" pumpkins. He loved to play the drums on them and walk all around them. And of course his picture happy mom had to take many many pictures.



I then went out and got two pumpkins in the "small" patch. It was the best.


By the time we got pumpkin pie (because you can't go to a pumpkin farm without getting fresh pumpkin pie) it was time to go home...he was tired


but not before he kissed the pumpkins!


We had so much fun. I am so excited to see what next year brings!

*********************************************************************************
With the getting of pumpkins comes the best part of all...carving them. Now i didn't know how Logan was going to do. I didn't know if at his young age he would have enough attention span to stay the whole time while carving and cleaning the pumpkins out. He stayed there the WHOLE TIME! For more than 45 minutes!!!! I couldn't believe it!



Logan's pumpkin before it became a jack o lantern


Here mommy i will help you!


Daddy this is a big pumpkin it has alot of stuff in it!


While Herbie and I were focused on the bigger pumpkin..Logan decided to put the pieces back into the pumpkin and then scoop them out like we had done earlier.


My messy pumpkin boy!

His Jack o Lantern pieces


He got so excited to see them lighted up


Such happy Jack o Lanterns! The one on the left represents Logan. It has the same number of teeth!



He has become so fascinated with his pumpkins that we even have to tell them goodnite before he goes to bed. He also loves to look at them out the screen door -- I think its just to see if they are still there...

No comments: