CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Favorite Time of Year!

This time of year is my favorite. It's not too cold and it's not to hot. It's absolutely perfect. There are days with rain and days with the warm sun. I love how everything is green and so fresh and new. I couldn't be happier. This is also the time of year that I look forward to. You see 10 years ago my mom planted these beautiful daisies in our yard for our wedding. We had the reception next door at my Aunt and Uncle's house but since people would be seeing our front yard too she wanted it to be nice. Since daisies are my favorite flower we planted them. These daisies have come back every year and we have even transplanted them in different places in the yard.

In the past 3 or 4 years I have also planted Tulips. They are my second favorite. We crossed our fingers the second year to see if they would come back and they did. I then got some more bulbs and planted them in the corner of our yard and they have come back like wildfire. They are absolutely beautiful in all different colors but purple seems to be dominiating it right now. Here is a picture of the most recent tulip to bloom and to really open up.


Isn't it gorgeous??

It is also the time of year that Logan and I can come outside and get some fresh air and Vitamin D. He loves being outside and would play there all the time if we let him. In this picture he is digging with his new shovels. He is definitely enjoying himself completely. :)  This boy will golf, play basketball, dig, play in the water, and draw with chalk and that's in the first 10 minutes of being outside. I love having a child that loves the outdoors as much as I do. I hope this continues as he grows.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing picutres of Logan. He is growing so fast. We miss you guys and wish we could see you more often. Love you. Rebecca